Golang Backend Developer
Ship Logic, which forms part of uAfrica.com, is an innovative shipping software solution that revolutionises the way parcels are delivered. Using modern technology (React, React Native and Golang Lambdas on AWS serverless) Ship Logic increases efficiency by automating operations. Ship Logic further functions as an internal incubator for new business ideas and is empowered to try out new ideas and work toward the best solutions by constantly iterating and deploying.
We have the following exciting opportunity within the Ship Logic team:
What you’ll be doing
- Design, implement and maintain AWS serverless microservices written in Golang
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Design and implement PostgreSQL database structures, models and queries
- Develop and execute to a high standard of work against development plans. This involves all technical activities within the team (software development life cycle activities, code reviews, testing etc.)
- Communicate and suggest new ideas and designs
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations and approaches
- Minimum 5 years of backend development experience with preferably some experience in Golang
- Experience contributing to scalable systems that are up 24/7 and easy to maintain and monitor
- Background in designing and implementing APIs
- Experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining complex asynchronous backend processing jobs
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Being a team player
- Undergraduate degree in CS or other Math or Engineering background
- Familiarity with microservices and AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Experience using continuous integration & deployment tools such as Gitlab CI, Drone.io, TravisCI, or Circle CI
Ship Logic values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
This position is based in Pretoria, South Africa.